The Stone cross was dedicated to the fallen in the war of 1914 — 1919 and unveiled on Sunday the 7th June 1925 by Field Marshal Sir William Robertson.
Subsequently the names of the men and women of the parish who lost their lives in the war of 1939 —1945 were added.
It is grade 2 listed for the following reason:
The Memorial was built by Messrs Axtell and Son of Oxford and was built on land donated by Marcus Slade QC of Mallards Court Stokenchurch adjacent to a Memorial Hall, which was also erected in 1925.
Included on this cross are the names of two women —
Eleanor Slade was a experienced pilot, she died following a crash after take off at Little Rissington Gloucestershire on the 13th July 1944 (age 40)
Florence Steptoe was a Private in Auxiliary Territorial Service and died on 26th October 1942 (age 20)
The memorial is dedicated with four panels, bearing 40 names of those who died in the first World War, and three panels bearing 31 names from the Second World War.
There are 9 War Graves in the Old Marlow Road Cemetery: details are available on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website.
The Parish Council are grateful to the War Memorials Trust for their 2021 grant which went towards:
Their Names Live Forever More